May 07, 2018

BOOK REVIEW: Dark Desires

Dark Desires 
Pure/Dark Ones #3
Author: Aja James
Pub Date: April 5, 2018

Synopsis 
Ryu Takamura is the Dark Ones’ Assassin. He has never missed his target…until now. Until her.

Ava Monroe is a talented geneticist who holds the key to the vampire race’s future…and perhaps her own as well.

Their attraction is explosive from the first. She would do anything to have him. He would sacrifice all to protect her.

But will their love triumph over seemingly impossible odds as they battle enemies new and old? Especially the demons from Ryu’s past? And deep within his heart?


My Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐

At 30, Ava Monroe is one of the forefront experts in regenerative stem cell science. She is on her way from New York city to Tokyo to provide her expertise on a project that is on the brink of fruition.

Ryu Takamura is a Dark One and an assassin in Jade’s guard. He is on a mission to destroy, by any means, the research that is leading toward creating a new an unknown breed of Dark One.

Ava and Ryu meet on the plane to Tokyo and have an instant and overwhelming attraction to each other. Ryu ignores this however because he feels that desiring someone shows weakness. This ignorance only lasts so long and he finds himself ever more drawn to Ava. But, the stakes grow higher as Ava and her group of scientists get closer to a discovery.

Will Ryu be able to save Ava while simultaneously destroying everything she’s ever worked for?

I don’t know why I’m always so surprised at the fact that Aja has written another terrific book. She has yet to let me down. I was consumed and absorbed as always in this installment. The scenery and the story she weaves is magical.

I was giggling at Ava’s lack of verbal filter. She is awkward and Ryu is so reserved. They were absolutely cute together. But don’t be fooled, the chemistry between them is crackling. So much so, that this book oozes sensuality.

I fell hard for Ryu. Between his selfish mother who treated him poorly and how he lets his guard down enough to tell Ava she was his first kiss? Swoon! My heart fell at his feet.

There is never a dull moment. Always a compelling story. I love how this author writes such strong, alpha male characters and then shows us their vulnerability. It is written so beautifully and it never gets old.

Recommended to anyone who likes a well-written, fast-paced romance with originality.

I received an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.